Working Together To Create a More Sustainable Florida
When you think green in Florida, remember the letters FGBC. We’re an independent non-profit organization made up of building and environmental experts from every part of Florida. Together, it’s our mission to provide statewide green building programs with environmental, economic and social benefits.
Since 2000, we have taken the lead in establishing Florida-specific certification standards for the built environment. These standards apply to single-family and multi-family homes, high-rise construction, commercial buildings, land development projects, and the sustainable management and operation of our cities and counties.
We have also become a recognized leader in providing green building education to builders, developers, architects, planners, elected officials, and many other audiences who understand the importance, value and benefits of embracing sustainable building and operational principles. Our classes are taught by some of the most knowledgeable experts in the state who have helped us establish our certification guidelines and program.
When you work with FGBC, you are working with the most respected green building organization in the state.
We invite you to join us and become our partner in creating a greener and more sustainable Florida.
FGBC Membership Has Its Privileges
FGBC is a volunteer-driven organization with statewide representation. Thus, members are key to our success. Volunteering with FGBC is an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference in the future of your community and the State of Florida. By being a part of the solution to all the challenges that face our environment, you leave a lasting impact for future generations. You can make a difference, so get involved!
When you join the Florida Green Building Coalition, you receive these and other benefits:
- Information to keep you up-to-date on current trends, practices and tools vital to the industry and a sustainable Florida
- Access to educational conferences and seminars to help enhance your professionalism and advance your career
- Networking opportunities for sharing your ideas and learning from others
- The opportunity to join FGBC committees and contribute to the development of our Standards and policies.
- Discounts on certification fees and FGBC events
FGBC members include builders, developers, architects, land planners, Realtors, landscape architects, product manufacturers, energy raters, ecologists, educators, university staff, and government agencies.
Get involved. The opportunities are tremendous!
Construction Journal Partnership Offers FGBC Members New Business Development Tools
How many jobs are you missing by not knowing about them? We can help you uncover new business opportunities with comprehensive construction reports, related plans and project specifications. Through a special agreement, FGBC members can receive a 10 percent discount on Construction Journal services that can help you find and secure work. From private to public to stimulus projects, Construction Journal uncovers and reports detailed information on upcoming construction opportunities, primarily in the eastern United States with coverage from Florida to Maine. Customize your reports for specific counties, states or regions and find out what jobs are available.
In addition to subscription discounts, as an FGBC member you can test-drive Construction Journal services for two weeks in order to evaluate the potential benefit for your company.
To take advantage of this special offer, contact Monette Weiss at Construction Journal, phone 800-880-2309 ext 325 or M.Weiss@constructionjournal.com and identify yourself as an FGBC member.
What Value Does FGBC Membership Provide to You?
- Education and marketing opportunities. - Oscar Calleja
- Access to information and education. - Eric Gimson
- Updates & knowledge of helping us stay informed or the knowledge we need to do our job. - Jane Gering
- Knowledge. Keeps me up to date on current green trends. - Gary Carmack
- Professional credentials. - Ken Sussman
- Credibility. - Heather Bonner
- The membership provides me with a Florida specific green building path for residential construction. - David Cobb
- Information to share with the building community. - Cynthia McRee
- Education, economic opportunity, and professional networking. - Dale Lewis
- Shows potential clients we are up to speed on current building trends and standards. - Mark Smith
- Information on the latest green. - Richard Van Epps
- Education. - Anonymous
- The ability to register homes for certification. - Anonymous
- It provides me with credibility. - Anonymous
- Demonstrates that I care about future generations. - Anonymous
- Networking and learning. Great way to promote Florida WaterStar to my target audience. - Robin Grantham
- Education, marketing and a ‘heads up’ on current news within our field. A designation that people trust. - Camille Touma
- Networking opportunity to create partnership opportunities. - Stephanie Thomas-Rees
- Having a group of building professionals that I can contact for information regarding products and methods. - John Bobek
- Education, networking, branding, exposure. - Jane Bixler Conn
- Access to green building technology products and professionals. Great resources for my customers on green building. - Cindy Hall
Education, networking and of course - dollars. I am a Certifying Agent. Nothing to retire with - but the knowledge is a valuable resource I bring to my day Job!
- Michael Sollitto