Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything
January 9, 2017
Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts, Orlando, FL
Green Builder Media, in collaboration with Mayor Dyer and the City of Orlando, proudly announces a first-of-its-kind thought leadership event focused on intelligent solutions for a resilient world. Taking a bold approach to idea generation and problem solving, the Symposium promises to be a game changing event, bringing together some of the brightest minds in the nation to determine the actions and policies needed for a sustainable future. Calling all influencers! Are you a progressive building professional, elected official, policy maker, city planner, code official, business leader, member of the media, or passionate sustainability advocate? If so, this is a can’t-miss event. Join us as we convene a powerful and persuasive group that will facilitate the transition to smart cities, resilient communities, and sustainable development.
If you care about the environment, if you question the suitability of current development models, if want to take an active part in the transition to a sustainable future—don’t miss the opportunity to join with other thought leaders at the Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything.
November 22, 2016
- US National Electric Vehicle Charging Network to Span 25,000 miles
- Nano Concrete Could Hugely Impact Housing
- Sounding the Alarm on Code Compliance Costs
- Solving the Problem Between Climate Change Debate and Actions
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Flexible Solar Tiles Making Move Inside to Capture & Recycle Artificial Light
- How to Get Home Buyers to Go Green
- Making Older Condo Buildings More Eco-Friendly
- Will Florida Have Enough Water by 2070?
- AIA COTE Overhauls Its Top Ten Awards Criteria
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: VBA Design, Panama City, FL
Interactive Map Highlights FGBC Projects
FGBC Background and Mission
The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit 501(C)3 Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is to lead and promote sustainability with environmental, economic, and social benefits through regional education and certification programs.
FGBC was conceived and founded in the belief that green building programs will be most successful if there are clear and meaningful principles on which "green" qualification and marketing are based. We are a membership-based organization governed by a Board of Directors and corporate officers who are elected by the general membership.
The FGBC is continually finding new and innovative ways to educate builders, developers, local governments, and consumers about how to achieve a healthier, more environmentally sustainable future.
The purposes of the Florida Green Building Coalition are:
- To administer certification programs based upon the green building standards
- To award its certification mark to qualified projects
- To educate the general public, businesses, institutional and governmental bodies of the long term benefits of sustainable development and green building practices
- To encourage housing affordability by increasing building sustainability
- To stimulate statewide acquaintance and fellowship among members and others interested in green building practices
- To provide opportunities for members and other interested parties to increase their knowledge of green building practices.
2004 - Sustainable Florida 'Best Practices' Award
2013 - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) Exemplary Water-Energy Program